How To Handle A Lost Passport

A passport is a legally required document issued for proof as citizenship for traveling. When traveling abroad or planning for an upcoming trip, the unfortunate experience of losing the document may require expedition services. An expeditor can assist in legally obtaining the document in a few days for an expedited lost passport.
The Procedure
Methods for obtaining a replacement document are largely dependent on whether the individual is in the United States or is abroad during the time of the disappearance. If needing to travel outside of the country for upcoming travel plans, expedition services should be utilized for acquiring a new document. Legal procedure requires that one report the lost item as soon as they have noticed that it has disappeared.
Reporting Loss
Once you have confirmed that the travel booklet is missing, procedure requires that the occurrence be reported to the United States Department of State. In instances of theft, a police report is usually required to be completed and the DS-64 applicant form that includes details of the situation in which it disappeared. It is important to contact the State Department so the document can be invalidated to prevent illegal use.
Required Forms
Specified documents must be correctly completed in order for authorities to process the application for a replacement booklet. Form DS-64 should be completed to provide authorities with an explanation regarding the situation in which the travel document went missing. The DS-64 must be submitted with the regular application for a replacement document.
Should one have plans for traveling in a few days to a week, expedition services can speed up the application process. Whether government or independent expeditors are used, extra charges will apply for the actual application forms as well as the additional services. An independent expeditor provides professional services for obtaining necessary documentation and submitting to authorities while avoiding long procedure.
Foreign Help
Every citizen of America can utilize the State expedition services where individuals who have traveled abroad should consult the closest Embassy or Consulate. Agents are professionals who are able to answer all questions related to applying for a new travel document. Always report the travel booklet as missing to the relevant authorities.
Required Documentation
Should the document be lost within the States, the application process is the same as if applying for a new legal document. Application process requires the completion of forms including DS-64 and DS-11 together with proof of your citizenship. Once all necessary forms have been completed, be sure to include copies of your driver's license, birth certification and passport sized pictures for complete submission.